Production Assembly Operator
Assembles and/or operates production equipment for the manufacturing of DCS products. Follow verbal and written work instructions to perform various functions. An attention to detail is required to produce quality workmanship.
1. Read and follow processes
2. Hands on cable or mechanical assembly
3. Ability to operate light duty equipment used in the manufacturing process
4. Perform work as assigned by production lead or manager
5. Ability to identify components and tooling requirements
6. Always maintain a clean and safe work area
7. Work daily to reduce scrap, improve processes, and maximize efficiency
8. Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Ability to read or learn to read engineering drawings.
3. Ability to read or learn to read assembly travelers and work instructions.
4. Ability to use or learn to use various types of light duty equipment such as:
a. Cable measuring and cutting machines
b. Cable labeling machines
c. Curing ovens
d. Connector polishing machines
e. Visual inspection equipment
5. Ability to use light duty hand tools for cutting, stripping, and mechanical assembly
6. Vision, lifting, standing, sitting are all physical requirements for this job.
7. Fiber optic cable manufacturing experience is a plus, but not required.
Working conditions are normal for an office / light manufacturing environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. Work may require the use of safety equipment and/or safety training.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
To become the world-wide leader of storage and network connectivity products/solutions for large enterprise data centers.
To be the trusted advisor for storage and network connectivity solutions by combining our unique products, technical expertise, and services that exceed our customers’ expectations.
To create a culture, and a company that changes the lives of our coworkers, customers, and community.